Company : Bic
Projet : Colouring Innovations
Website : https://www.bicworld.com/fr
Presentation of the company:
BIC® products bring simple answers to everyday needs. By creating its first product, the BIC® Cristal® ball-point pen, BIC chose to get to the point: to produce a simple and reliable tool in order to facilitate a universal move, and which everybody can uses. This choice is at the heart of every evolutions of the brand.
The development of the group has always went with the evolutions of the consumers’ expectations. Whenever BIC identifies a specific need, its Research and Development teams answer with an astute improvement which optimizes performance.
To write in several colours, underline, draw, colour, correct, light a flame, or shave… With BIC® products, everyone is certain that he will find the best solution to the best price, with an assurance of quality and reliablility. BIC® also chose to be close to the consumers all over the world, with more than 4 million points of sale, from the kiosk to the hypermarket.
- 14,934 employees
- 2 billion euros net sales in 2017
- Head office: Ile-de-France, France, factories in India, Brazil, the USA…
Context of the project:
BIC develops a permanent innovation in its different markets by identifying new uses, concepts or technologies, about the activity of Colouring, which can relate to all ages.
The goal is to identify innovations concerning all the aspects of the colouring activity:
- Pencils, felt-tip pens…
- New experiences in colouring, with different materials and technologies
- The conception and deployment processes of the colouring sheets
- New practices able to generate the same activity
- New business models in interaction with the customer or the user.
Relevant companies could then:
- Sell their product to BIC and become its supplier
- Create a partnership with BIC (technology, co-development)
- Receive an investment from BIC.
Important elements for the proposition:
- Product maturity
- Current volume produced and commercialized
- The available capacity to produce more
- Informations on the compliance with the standards
- The intellectual property of the product
- Customers references
- Production processes of the product
Presentation of the team:
|Debrauwer||Christelle||Global R&D Director|
|Albenge||Olivier||Open Innovation Manager|
|D’Halluin||Victor||Innovation and UX Lead|
|Rolion||Franck||Advanced design lab Director|
|Fabre||Lucie||Head of laboratory analysis|
|Damiano||Anne-Lise||Head of development|